Among all comfort foods in the word, casseroles always have a special place in our hearts as they are usually prepared by our mothers or grandmothers and make us really feel in the warmth of home. For that reason, we developed this recipe that is perfect for vegans, so they can also enjoy this comfort dish but without any meat in it. Remember you can add as many vegetables as you want. Oh, and make sure the wine you choose is actually vegan!
- Frying pan
- 150 g of soy cubes
- Olive oil
- Meat-flavoured seasoning
- Soy sauce
- Smoked paprika
- 2 onions
- 1 cup of canned mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- ½ litre of vegan red wine
- Prepare the soy cubes. To hydrate the soy, submerge the cubes in boiling water with a bit of vinegar for around 15 minutes. Wash them and try to remove as much foam as possible.
- Seal the soy cubes. In a frying pan, add a pinch of olive oil and seal the soy cubes for a few minutes. Add the meat-flavoured seasoning and mix well. Don’t let the cubes get too brown, this is just a sealing process. Remove and set aside.
- Continue with the veggies. In a frying pan, add a bit of olive oil in low heat. Julienne the onion and pepper. Cook until tender and add the mushrooms.
- Make the casserole. Mix the vegetables well and add the soy cubes. Add a little bit of soy sauce, salt, pepper, paprika and the red wine. Stir well, cover with a lid and let it cook for around 15-20 minutes. The more tender the soy becomes, the better. When ready, turn off the flame and let it rest for a few minutes with the lid on.
Servings: 3. One serving = 332 g.
|Item||3 servings||1 serving||100 g|
|Saturated Fats [g]||0||0||0|