If you’re a pizza lover, this classic will surely please your palate. It is made with regular flour and an exquisite almond cheese that melts perfectly, and the arugula gives it the special green touch. I strongly encourage you to cover the pizza with a lot of arugula! When preparing the dough, make sure you pay attention to the texture since it could require more or less water than specified (as flours absorb water differently). The water shouldn’t be too hot because it might kill the yeast. Warm is perfect.
- Small bowl
- Big bowl
- Pizza tray
- 5 gr. of dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 500 gr. of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ of warm water
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Tomato sauce to taste
- 200 gr of vegan cheese
- 50 gr of black olives
- Prepare the activated yeast. In the small bowl, mix the dried yeast, the sugar and 2 tablespoons of flour. Leave it in a warm place until it starts getting foamy.
- Prepare the dough. Put the flour in a large bowl and make a hole in the centre. Add the salt on the side (make sure it won’t make contact with the yeast). In the hole, add the yeast and some warm water. Start slowly mixing it together with the flour. When required, add more water. Add the oil. Knead the dough for 5 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add a bit of extra flour.
- Let it rest and leaven. Move your dough to the (previously greased with spray or oil) pizza tray. Cover it with plastic and leave it in a warm area for around 1 hour or until it doubles its size.
- Make the base. When it’s ready, stretch the dough to cover the tray and take it to the medium oven for around 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and the cheese and give it another 10 or 15 minutes. This really depends on your oven so make sure that you check every 5 minutes so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the toppings. When the base is ready, add the fresh arugula and olives.
Servings: 8 (1 whole pizza). One serving (1 slice): 140 g.
|Item||8 Servings (1 pizza)||1 serving (1 slice)||100 g|
|Saturated Fats [g]||18.1||2.3||1.6|