Raw salads often get boring and you find you need variety so that you can enjoy these healthy and tasty recipes. Getting a high daily dose of protein in raw and tasty form often gets challenging. So enjoy this easy protein-rich, vitamin-rich vegan salad in its raw form. Dark brown peas are loaded with proteins, help fight diabetes and are famous for their energy-boosting properties. These wonder peas are topped with avocados, cucumbers, and lime/lemon juice to enrich the salad with vitamins. This salad can be used at any time of the day and also after workouts. It can be easily carried in lunch or tiffin boxes.
- Vegetable cutter (Knife)
- Salad mixing bowl
- Lime or lemon squeezer (optional)
- Spoon to mix the salad
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 whole avocados
- 80 g of Indian black chickpeas (dark brown peas or black gram or Bengal whole gram dal)
- 1 lime or 1/2 of lemon
- 15 to 20 whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 English cucumbers or 2 full garden cucumbers or 2 baby cucumbers
- Salt as needed
- 2 tablespoon flaxseed powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional) or 2 pinch pepper powder (optional)
- Pinch of black salt (optional)
- Soak the Bengal gram overnight or for at least for 8 to 10 hours
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces
- Smash the avocadoes
- Bring the cherry tomatoes, cucumber and avocados, and Bengal gram into a salad mixing bowl and mix them
- Add salt as per your need (usually 1 to 2 teaspoons).
- Add flaxseed powder. Can use raw flaxseeds directly or raw flaxseed powder or roasted flaxseed powder.
- If you love spicy, add paprika or pepper powder optionally
- 2 pinches of black salt will enhance the taste and provides the benefits of black salt (totally optional)
- Mix everything and the salad is ready to be consumed.
Tips and Notes:
Jain Friendly, Completely raw
1 serving = 360 g.
|Item||1 serving||100 grams|
|Saturated Fats [g]||5.1||1.4|