As vegans, we know we need to get creative when cooking since there are some limitations. This millet burger is a tasty, colorful alternative you will surely enjoy. And the chips…well, give them a try and see for yourself. You won’t believe how crunchy these chips are. Remember! You can add any veggies you want as long as they are finely chopped or processed.
- Medium pot
- Food processor
- Frying pan
- 1 cup of millet
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of water
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup of chopped green onion
- ¼ cup of chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons of cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground chilli (this is optional and you can avoid it if you don’t want a spicy burger)
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- Oil as needed
- 2 potatoes
- Put the millet, the water and the salt in your pot with a lid and cook in medium heat until it boils. Remember to stir often. Once it boils, lower the flame to minimun. Cook for around 15-18 minutes, turn off the flame and leave it for 10 minutes with the lid.
- Finely chop the onions and garlic (you can use your food processor for this step as well). Put them in the frying pan with a bit of water and cook until the onion is a bit brown. Remove from the pan.
- Mix the millet with the onions and garlic. Add all seasonings and the cassava flour.
- In a cup, add the chickpea flour and ¼ cup of water and mix well. Add this mixture to the millet and mix well.
- Divide the mixture in 4 or 5 parts and with wet hands, form the burgers. Store in the fridge/freezer.
- Rinse, peel and cut the potatoes in very thin slices (they should be almost transparent).
- Add some oil to a big plate, spread, and add the potato slices one by one, carefully placing them without overlapping them. Microwave for 3 minutes, check them and if needed, cook them for another 1 or 2 minutes. When they look a bit cooked, turn them around and cook again for 2 or 3 minutes. It is important that you constantly check them before adding minutes. They will be ready when they acquire a very soft brown colour. Let them cool.
- Put the frying pan with a bit of oil and when hot, add the burgers carefully. Cook for around 5 minutes and turn them carefully.
4 servings. 1 serving = 180 g.
|Item||4 servings||1 serving||100 g|
|Saturated Fats [g]||0||0||0|