This is a surprisingly tasty and healthy raw vegan salad with fewer ingredients and loaded with a richness of health benefits. Yellow gram lentil is widely used to treat many hormonal imbalances, especially three doshas known as vaata, pitta and kapha as per Indian ayurvedic prescriptions. People in India use this during fever due to its balanced protein spectrum and easily digestible properties. It is simple to make and is called “kosambari” in the Karnataka state of India. This particular salad is especially served at marriages and auspicious functions in Karnataka.
- Vegetable Grater
- Vegetable cutter (knife)
- Salad mixing bowl
- Lime or lemon squeezer
- Spoon to mix the salad
Ingredients: (2 servings)
- 100 grams yellow gram lentil
- 100 grams carrot
- 100 grams cucumber (English or baby or full garden)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime
- Salt as needed (1 to 2 teaspoons)
- Corriander 2 tablespoons for garnishing (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon green chilies or 1 teaspoon paprika or 1 teaspoon pinches pepper powder (optional)
- Pinch of black salt (optional)
- Soak the yellow gram lentils for 4 to 6 hours. Usually, these lentils soak sooner and may not really require overnight.
- Grate the cucumbers
- Grate the carrots
- Bring all into the salad mixing bowl and add lime or lemon juice and salt and mix them
- Optionally garnish with coriander leaves.
- 2 pinches of black salt will enhance the taste and provides the benefits of black salt (totally optional)
- Mix all and the salad is ready to be consumed.
Tips and Notes:
2 servings = about 300 g
|Item||2 servings||1 Serving||100 grams|
|Saturated Fats [g]||0.096||0||0|